Since we currently operate with a minimum amount of staff at our offices, we ask you to direct any questions to us via WhatsApp (+31 88 730 4200) or e-mail ( We can only be reached by phone to report an urgent repair. Should you want to report such an urgent repair, you can do so by calling our general phone-number (+31 88 730 4200) and follow the appropriate options mentioned in the menu (first conveyed in Dutch, then in English). For all other questions or problems we urgently request you to reach out to us via WhatsApp or e-mail.

If you want to rent an SSH room or apartment, your income must not exceed € 39.055,- (2020). This means that we have to check whether your income isn't too high at the time that you move into your accommodation. When you are allocated a room or residence, you are therefore obliged to prove how much your income is.

Are you a student?

International student
Are you an international student and will you book a furnished room via Short Stay Accommodations for a period less than a year? You do not have to send us your income information.
Exception: SSC students that book via Short Stay Accommodations do have to send us their income information.

Maastricht residents
Do you want to live in Maastricht? You do not have to upload your income information. Please upload a copy of your ID instead.

All other students
You need to upload one of the following documents:
- the most recent overview from the Education Executive Agency (DUO) onto your personal page; or
- student card which states that you are a full-time student this year; or
- registration at your educational institution; or
- your letter of (conditional) admission. If you do not have a proof of enrollment yet, you may upload the letter of admission instead.
Please note that when you sign your rental agreement the you do need the proof of enrollment . Before signing your contract you need to submit a copy of your student card or proof of enrollment.

If you receive a Dutch student grant, your income will be under the threshold of €38.035,-(2019).In that case, you can upload the most recent overview from the Education Executive Agency (DUO) onto your personal page. You will find this letter on the DUO website under the ‘Post' menu. Click on this menu. If you do not yet receive the messages from DUO by e-mail, you must first indicate that you wish to receive your correspondence by e-mail. You will then be able to find the letters from DUO in the archives. The letter must clearly show how much student grant you receive per month in 2019. Download this letter and upload it onto your personal page of the SSH or e-mail it to us at: Are you unable to download the letter? Then call DUO and ask them to post this letter to you: (050) 599 77 55.

Do you work and receive a salary, grant or scholarship?


Dutch Tax Administration
The Dutch Tax Administration ("De Belastingdienst") provides income statements ("Inkomensverklaring" in Dutch). This form states your income as known by the Dutch Tax office. It is possible that the Dutch tax office does not know your income: In that case the form will state your income as unknown. In both cases we kindly ask you to request the form, and upload it as your income document. You can ask for this form by the Dutch Belastingdienst after your registration in the Netherlands. Call 0800-0543 to request the form. Have your BSN (citizen service number) close at hand!

All other tenants (no income, no student grant)

If you do not have any income or you do not receive a student grant, we will check your income on the basis of an income statement which you can request from the Dutch Tax Administration ("Belastingdienst"). If you wish to respond to a vacancy for a room or a residence to which the campus contract applies, we will ask you for an income statement from the Dutch Tax Administration as well as a scanned copy of your student card or PhD contract.

Do you earn more than €38.035,-?

All other tenants
In a few cases, the SSH can make an exception to the income requirements. We will assess this per individual case. Contact us about this via or (088) 730 42 00.