I'm worried about corona and my living situation
We understand that corona can cause a lot of worries. Take care of yourself and others and try to avoid contamination. The RIVM gives instructions for this:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water;
- Sneeze and cough in your elbow instead of in your hands;
- Use paper handkerchiefs which you throw away immediately after use;
- Do not shake hands;
- Stay at home if you have health problems, keep your distance from others
- If you have a fever (more than 38 degrees Celsius), you cough and/or have difficulty breathing: call the doctor or doctor's surgery. They will refer you or instruct you further;
- Keep your house clean
Follow the RIVM website for the most up-to-date information
A fellow student or myself have symptoms of corona. What can I do?
We would like to employ you all to take extra care in preventing the spread of the virus:
- Please make sure to regularly and properly wash your hands with water and soap
- Should you have to sneeze or cough, make sure to do so in your elbow instead of your hands
- Make use of paper towels to blow your nose, and throw them away right after doing so
- Do not shake hands
- Stay at home when you are experiencing symptoms like the common cold and/or have an increased temperature. Make sure to keep a fair distance between yourself and others, limit any social interaction and take time to recover.
- Should you have a fever (temperatures about 38 degrees Celsius or 100.4 Fahrenheit), and have a cough or shortness of breath; call your local GP or the GP on duty (“Huisartsenpost”). They will provide further care and instructions. The website from RIVM (National Institute for Public Health) also provides further information in that regard.
I am an international student and would like to go home. Can I cancel my rent? What about my rent for the last months of the semester?
Educational institutions have temporarily cancelled lectures and exams. In principle, the academic year continues as usual.
- Do you live in a room? In that case you can not terminate your contract. Please contact your educational institution.
- Do you live in a self-contained unit? Then you have a notice period of 1 month. Contact us to cancel the rent and make an appointment for the key transfer.
What does the SSH do against the corona virus?
The SSH follows the instructions of the Dutch government, the RIVM and the GGD. We follow the instructions to prevent infection. For example, we avoid physical contact with each other and with tenants. Therefore we ask you to:
Approach the SSH only for urgent matters, postpone non-urgent repair requests;
- contact us where possible by email, WhatsApp or phone;
- Please note that it may take a little longer than normal to reach us or for us to respond.
- Most educational institutions also communicate about how they deal with the Corona virus. In some communities, additional measures are being taken. Keep yourself informed and act accordingly. Postpone larger meetings, events and parties.
Where can I find the Terms and conditions of my contract?
For the terms and conditions we refer to the page of the relevant city. Choose your city and select the educational institution where you study. On this website you will find the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.