How easy it is to break into your room!
Student Tahir wants to prevent burglary in student rooms. Together with his 'partner in crime' Saskia he shows how easy it is to enter student houses and steel stuff. The Facebook page is in Dutch but the videos are self-explanatory. Check www.facebook.com/studententegeninbraak and read the following tips:
- always lock your room door, even if you are leaving the room for a short period;
- always turn the night lock on the front door at night;
- also lock your room door from inside at night and leave the keys in the door for extra security;
- do not leave any items in your garden or on your balcony which you do not wish to be stolen;
- lock your windows when you go out;
- if you live on the ground floor, be extra careful with open windows. Also lock the windows when you leave your room for a short period;
- do not leave valuables in your room or in communal areas if you go home for the weekend or go on holiday, for instance;
- never leave valuables in sight;
- never place spare keys in a handy spot outside, such as under the mat.