The rent is "all inclusive", which means that electricity, water, heating, furniture, services, household insurance and taxes are included in the monthly fee. More info
NOTE that it is not possible to pay in cash at our office.
The terms & conditions pertaining to your housing agreement may require advance payment to finalized your reservation. If your terms & conditions do not require advance payment, your first payments may be made on arrival with either an international bank card or a credit card.
Since we will only issue keys if the payment has been made, we strongly advise you to make your first payment from your home country so as to be able to show proof of the transfer upon arrival. Either a copy of the bank/giro transfer, or a print-out of your internet transfer will suffice.
If bed linen is not included in the rent, it may be obtained for EUR 53,00. Each package includes a pillow, a duvet, a duvet cover and a sheet. There is no obligation to buy this package, so you are free to bring your own bed linen.
Bed linen is included on Nieuwegracht, Achter De Dom and Gisbert Bromlaan.
Payment during stay
The required fee is to be paid in accordance with the terms of your contract. This means that it should always be transferred to our account before the 1st of the month. So for example, the rent of May needs to be paid at the latest on 1 May. Around the 20th of the month before, you receive a bill in the form of a payment slip (acceptgiro in Dutch).
Please notify us if you have any problem with your payment.
How to use the payment slip
- If you have a Dutch bank account you can use internet banking to pay the rent. Make sure to enter our reference number: "betaalkenmerk acceptgiro" (field 4, see below). Or use "acceptgiro" when asked for method of payment. We do not charge costs for this way of payment.
- If you have a Dutch bank account, you can hand in this payment slip at (a branche of) your bank. Tear off the strip on the left end for your own administration (number 1, see below). Enter your account number (field 2, see below) and your signature (field 6, see below). The bank will process the payment slip and transfer the amount from your account to our account. SSH does not charge costs, usually you bank doesn't either, but check this with your bank!
Other ways of paying rent
- Of course you may also transfer the rent from your own (foreign) bank account to our bank account. Always state as much information as possible so we can process you payment swiftly: our reference number, full name, your (Dutch) address, month for which the rent is due. Short Stay bank account info
- You may come to our office to pay with your credit or debit card. You do not need to bring the payment slip.
1. this strip contains the amount and our reference number and may be used for your own administration.
2. your bank account number, this field is usually empty.
3. the amount that needs to be paid.
4. our reference number: state this number when paying your rent with internet banking from your Dutch account.
5. the subject of the bill: month for which rent is due and your client number
For example: "rent 01-05-2010 t/m 31-05-2010 klantnr 55199999"
6. field for signature
7. your name and address
8. our bank account number, name and address
9. codes for your bank to process this payment slip automatically
Failure to pay
SSH Short Stay will call in a debt-collecting agency when you do not fullfil your obligation to pay the rent.
Guests of educational institutions renting reserved accommodation
Failure to pay your fee may result in a formal complaint to your faculty and your home university, and ultimately to legal procedures which will lead to a forced eviction. All financial obligations towards the owner will remain extant.