1. What do I have to do when I arrive in the Netherlands? How do I get the key to my room?
- Go to our office (see 2),
- Sign your short stay housing agreement. You may have already signed a copy and e-mailed it to us before your arrival. In that case you may skip this step.
- Then we will hand over the key to your accommodation. please note: the first payment has to be made in full, we can not issue the keys if the payment has not been made! For details about your first payment, please check the "confirmation accommodation" e-mail you received from us.
- Optional: pick up a bed package.
PLEASE NOTE: It can be really busy at our office at the start of each semester - around 1 September and around 1 February. To speed up the check-in proces:
- please make sure you have your ID + a copy of your ID + proof of first payment ready.
- pay your bed package in advance.
2. To which office do I go?
Your housing officer will send you a welcome e-mail with up to date info approximately a month before your arrival. He/she will tell you where to pick up your keys. Keep an eye on your inbox!
3. I will not arrive during office hours, what should I do?
We advise you to plan your trip so that you will arrive within office hours. Hower, if you can not arrive within office hours, you can still get your key to your apartment/room. You will have to inform SSH Short Stay officer at least one week in advance about the day and time of your arrival. Then we will arrange someone to hand over your key. Your first payment has to be made before your arrival and you will have to submit a proof of payment to the housing officer either via e-mail before arrival, or upon arrival. You may also ask a friend or colleague to pick up the key for you (see 4).
4. Someone else is going to pick up my key for me. What needs to be arranged?
SSH Short Stay will only hand over the key to someone else if you have made your first payment before your arrival. You will need to send an e-mail with full name and date of birth of the person that will pick up your key. This person must be bring identification with him/her. You need to come by our office on the first work day after your arrival to sign the short stay housing agreement.
5. What do I have to pay when I arrive?
Check the "confirmation accommodation" e-mail you received from us. In this mail you can read what you need to pay and when you need to pay it. Bring proof of payment with you, as it can take a long time for payments between countries to be processed and for us to receive the money. We can only hand out the key if the payment has been done, or if we have received proof of payment!
6. What time will I be able to get into my room?
Your room will be available from 14:00h. on the first day of your reservation.
7. I have just arrived, but the room is dirty.
If the room is not clean upon your arrival, inform us immediately!
8. Some things in the room are broken or missing
You need to report things that are broken or missing within one week of your arrival. SSH Short Stay will deal with these request as soon as possible, but at the most within 5 work days.